The list below is from a must-read article written by Frank Owusu for BBN Times: Why Technology Cannot Fix Nigeria (Part 1). There is a link to the full article at the end of the list but I thought his list captured 7 great points for discussion, contemplation and action.
- Nigeria has not established a consistent and reliable source of electricity;
- Nigeria has not yet provisioned a quality, well maintained and reliable infrastructure;
- Nigeria has not taken steps to provide accessible and low-cost access healthcare;
- Nigeria has not understood the importance of the provision of education for all;
- Nigeria has not put measures in place to have effective government officials who are truly accountable and reliable;
- Nigeria has not achieved a unified identity or vision of what it wants to be as a country;
- Nigeria has not put in place measures to support the improvement of social conditions with a significant portion of the population still living in extreme poverty.