- President Akufo- Addo commends Goldstar Airline
- Birim Central Municipality to fine recalcitrant traders
- Brong-Ahafo Regional Minister promises all-inclusive administration
- Ghana and Czech Republic strengthen ties
- PNC, PPP, CPP in merger talk - Bernard Mornah
- Trump, Putin: US urges Russia to 'immediately' observe Ukraine ceasefire
- In US: Anxiety, tears and prayers in California's immigrant community
- In Germany: Police probe driver's motive in deadly car ramming
- In Russia: Thousands march in Moscow two years after Putin foe killed
- Oscars 2017: Viola Davis wins Best Supporting Actress for "Fences"
More from Bio
King Otumfuo Osei Tutu, is the 16th Asantehene, King of the Ashanti. He ascended the Golden Stool on 26 April 1999. By name, he is in direct succession to the founder of the Empire of Ashanti, Otumfuo Osei Tutu I.
Born on 6 May 1950, and named Barima Kwaku Dua, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II, he is the youngest of the five children of Nana Afua Kobi Serwaa Ampem, II, Asantehemaa (Queen mother of Asante). His father's name is Nana Kwame Boakye-Dankwa from Kantinkyere in the Ashanti region and was also the Brehyia Chief" of Ashanti. He died on 1 January 2002, in Kumasi. His name at birth, Nana Kwaku Duah, happens to be the name of his paternal grandfather. His father, Nana Boakye also had other children from other marriages. Some of his other siblings are Yaw Boateng(Canada),Kwaku Duah(USA), Kwabena Agyei-Bohyen,Afua Sarpong and Ama Agyemang(Kumasi, Ashanti, Ghana) and the late Nana Kwasi Agyemang Prempeh.
He was educated at Institute of Professional Studies(IPS) after his O-Level at Osei Kyeretwie College in Ghana and later at the Polytechnic of North London, now London Metropolitan University, from where he recently also received an honorary degree of Doctor of Philosophy, conferred at a ceremony at The Barbican Centre, London on 11 January 2006. Nana has six children.
He resides at the Manhyia Palace in Kumasi.