- Independent Prosecutor will deal with corruption – Gloria Akuffo
- AFCON: Asamoah Gyan powers Ghana into lead against Mali
- Advocacy needed for increased saving and investment culture - Databank CEO
- Inaccurate data from BoG, Finance Ministry affecting gov’t work – Osafo-Maafo
- AFCON: Black Stars eye place in knockout round with win over Mali
- Asamoah Gyan is Ghana's all-time top scorer in Africa Cup of Nations history
- Ghana 1-0 Mali - Asamoah Gyan heads Black Stars into quarter-finals
- Thomas Partey wins Man of the Match award in Ghana's win over Mali
- AFCON 2017: Full match report - Ghana 1-0 Mali
- Ghana hold on to reach quarter-finals
More from Foods
Love chocolate? Then this tender, luxurious layer cake is for you. With a ganache glaze and a fabulous bittersweet filling, the indulgence is so worth it.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min. + cooling MAKES: 16 servings
2-1/2 cups 2% milk
1 cup butter, cubed
8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons butter, cubed
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
10 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
#1. In a large saucepan, cook the milk, butter and chocolate over low heat until melted. Remove from the heat; let stand for 10 minutes.
#2. Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, beat eggs and vanilla; stir in chocolate mixture until smooth. Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture and mix well (batter will be thin).
#3. Transfer to three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
#4. For filling, in a small saucepan, melt butter and chocolate. Stir in confectioners' sugar and cream until smooth.
#5. For ganache, place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool, stirring occasionally, until ganache reaches a spreading consistency.
#6. Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with half of the filling. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread ganache over top and sides of cake. Store in the refrigerator.
Yield: 16 servings.